All projects require skilled human resources to successfully accomplish goals. Resource managers are responsible for assigning the right people to the right projects at the right time.
They manage employees currently in the workplace and determine hiring needs based on each project’s requirements. While the project manager focuses on getting tasks done, the resource manager coordinates capabilities and workload.
Collaborating with the resource manager, the project manager assigns people to tasks. Then, while the project manager monitors activities, the resource manager monitors capabilities.
If skill sets fall short of task needs, the resource manager arranges for coaching, training or resource adjustments. Also, while the project manager assesses the impact of change on the work environment, the resource manager assesses the training needs of employees who will be affected by the project’s results.
Our Processes in Resource Mangement
Schedule the consumption of each resource within the project.
Step 1: List the resource required
- Labor. Identify all the roles involved in performing the project, including all full-time, part-time and contracting roles.
- Equipment. Identify all of the equipment involved in performing the project.
- Materials. Identify all of the non-consumable materials to complete project activities.
- Hardware/software. Identify if applicable.
Step 2: Estimate the number of resources required
- Labor, estimate how many hours you need per role
- Equipment, estimate how many pieces of equipment needed
- Materials, estimate how much material, in terms such as square meters, kilograms, number of units, etc.
Step 3: Construct a resource schedule
- Resources required to complete the project
- Time frames for the consumption of each resource
- Quantity of each resource required per week/month
- Assumptions and constraints identified
Our Resource Plan
List the resource required. You should start by listing the resources required to complete the project.
Estimate the number of resources required. The next step is to estimate the number of each resource.
We will collect all the information required to build a detailed Resource Schedule.